Mod Day Goodies:
AC: HD Torsion Bars, Diff Drop, 2" BL

On Order:
Nothing at the moment

Last edited:

Lucky_lefty

Bought an X
Founding Member
Let me know how the rear bumper works out, I want one and maybe I will buy one from you. I have plans for a roof rack if you are interested I can email them to you it has sizes and lengths and everything you need.

tierney.dan.1@gmail.com

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
I've decided to remove the back seats and replace them with a power station. Aux. Bat, fusebox, relays, inverter, amp and wire harnesses. Rather than having a sh!t load of wires running thru the firewall, I figure to run the isolator cables down under the center console to the Aux Bat. From there it would be a series of short wires for fuses and relays. Longest wires would be back to the front bumper for lights, future winch and E-fan. I've started collecting materials to make the setup with the intension to have a workable framework installed by Spring. Let the fun begin!!!

Jmac - No pics yet... Actually I hadn't planned on taking any pics of the things that I'm going to do unless it was something that no one else has done. Plenty of pics of the same thing just different X's around. In fact, every mod I plan to do is based on a DIY writeup that has pic except the rear bumper and this "power station". I do plan on taking pics of these as soon as I get all the material and actually get started.

Right now everything's in the design, plan, organize stages, once I get started, I don't want to have to stop.

Last edited:

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Pretty cold here, fillin the garage with stuff to add when it gets warm. Diff drop, low pro bump stops, AC: uca's, IAB, Cam bolts, 2" BL, plugs for res. delete. Only other things would be LCA's and steering upgrade.

Hoping to get the front end mods added before the Badlands run in June.

Got some material for the power station and tool box: Blue Sea fuse block, (15) 5 pin relays, 1.5" aluminum angle. The on/off switches are in the mail.

Been going back and forth about the platform material for the tool and power boxes. Although plywood is cheapest it's not too stylish. What I'd like to use is polyethylene, lightweight, durable and workable, but it's expensive.

Last edited:

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Are you still interested in my 15x7 wheels? I have 5 of them.

YES!!! Yes I am, very much so. Just right now I can't get them. If you get another offer please don't wait on me, by all means sell. I put that feeler out cause usually it takes time to find some. When I get the cash for them and shipping I'll contact you to see if you still have them. But in the mean time know you do have a sale if you can wait.

By the way... The MAXterra club is doing it's inaugual run to the Badlands in June. If you plan to go(which I hope you are as a member of MAXterra) we should be able to make the exchange there.

Last edited:

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
The last item has been ordered, AC Torsion Bars. As soon as they get in I'll start the mods. Hopefully all will be completed by the Badlands Run in June. AC: TB's, UCA's, Low Pro Bump stops, 2" BL, Resonator delete, IAB, Cam Bolts and Diff Drop.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Well I lied...I bit the bullet and ordered the Calmini steering replacement. So gonna wait til it arrives before I start. Then just 1 wheel alignment.

Could I interest anyone in a MOD day or 3 in the next few weeks? :sure:

Last edited:

Jmac289gt

Sliders
Founding Member
Just FYI on the Calmini HD steering kit incase you missed it like I did, you will need inner and outer tie rod ends yourself, other than that it will take a high pressure grease gun to get grease in the idler arm when you have to re-grease it...it does come with grease in it from Calmini.

Mine started making a metal friction type noise when turning but after messing with it and trying to get more grease in it it actually seemed to work itself out after about a week or two. Other than that it is a very nice kit.

Jmac289gt

Sliders
Founding Member
Well it is not to stop you from going with this kit as it is a very nice steering kit, if you have your old ends and they are still good just reuse them but I had new ends to put back on mine.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Well the water pump bit the bullet last week, so today it got replaced. What should have taken a few hours wound up taking all day. The pump was wrong. The box was labeled correctly but the pump itself was wrong. Didn't see the difference until I couldn't fit it on. Had to wait for the family to get back to return it.

Since I was there, started changing the timing belt and tensioner too. But lost the daylight before I got it on. Started hitting every bolt, nut and what looked like a bolt or nut with PB in prep for the suspension upgrades.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Glad I started this now. Either I'm getting old(er) or I'm losing my patience. Got everything back on, stared filling up the antifreeze and found a leak around the thermostat housing. So instead of taking back off the fan and belt tensioner, I just removed the upper hose's inlet housing BAD IDEA. Found out the inlet was warped which caused the leak. NO problem... so I thought. Grabbed some RTV, formed a gasket, let it set a bit, slap it back on. Well... big fingers + little spaces + threading a small bolt + odd angle = frustration and a lost bolt. Damn bolt fell for the 23 time and disappeared. Never hit the ground or fell in the antifreeze bucket. Now it's off to the dealership for a bolt. Figured I get the inlet as well. They don't stock the bolts and the inlet isn't made or stocked anymore. They found one 30 miles away. Bolt had to be ordered so I got all 3 pickup everything Friday.

So be kind to your Gen1 upper water hose inlet... cause you might not find another one.

Oh DUDE...I will definately keep you in mind as the time grows close...BELIEVE THAT !!!

Last edited:

Silver dude

Sliders
Founding Member
Yeah savage yard would of been the best hit for that stuff. Though sometimes parts are parts don't matter how you get them you just need them. Glad your finding the solutions and doing the work yourself. Makes ownership that much more worthy and prideful. Besides never know when the skills might apply to save your day.

Jmac289gt

Sliders
Founding Member
Crap man, I hate to hear about all the issues sir...also hate to hear about more darn parts that are not available for our vehicles from factory anymore.

RANT:

And that is one classic resaon why if you don't support your local dealers and buy factory parts they will fade away a lot quicker.
Sorry sir.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
The new Water inlet although not in production anymore is made out of grade 8 material...nice. The bolts however are not. They all go on Monday... hopefully.

Afterwards, the mods begin as soon as the weather clears up. The AC TB's arrived yesterday. RED...for some reason I thought they were grey or black. Trying to also decide if it's worth it to get new LCA's and box them in (saw a thread on that) for strength. After that, the rest of the front end.

Any thoughts on changing to manual hubs, if possible?

Decided NOT to add the BL and to not get 33's.

The rear power station is now out of the design stage and construction has begun. Bought the metal and plastic cutting blades for the table saw and a carpenter at work donated a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" plastic for the sides and drawers. The polypropaleen is just too expensive to use. 1/2" flat and angle aluminum for the frame using liquid weld from his shop for the framework and 1/8" angle for the shelf rails. looks good.

Last edited:

granitex

Skid Plates
Founding Member
I lost two auto locking hubs, in my driveway within 30 seconds of each other. Granted they were more than likely readyto go, but still.

Silver dude

Sliders
Founding Member
Manuals are nice I swapped mine as I couldn't stand the autos unlocking when trying to rock the truck out of a stuck. As well as not having to play a guessing game if your in 4wd. They have downfalls which surround lazyness. Also the studs break or wiggle loose. Factory manual hubs off the old pickups are the best. But, really really had to find.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Well today I called in sick to finish up a few things around the house before it rained. When I finished I decided to STEALTHERIZE the grill and plastic. Ran to HD for some Black Textured for plastic Rusto and extra fine sandpaper. Acitone, sanded, washed then blow dried with the air brush attachment from the compressed air tools. 1 can lasted for 3 coats. Didn't look bad so I went and got a can for the metal and did the rear bumper with 3 coats. Decided to cover a few rusted spots on the Shrock. Didn't have time to take off the wheels and do them... maybe tomorrow, it's supposed to rain though.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Today I got a great deal on some 2"x2"x1/4" tubing from AAA Suppy. There wasn't enough to make the sliders it was 4 3/4" too short. So I cut up the stepsrails and the supports for the sliders.

IMGA0687.jpg

IMGA0690.jpg

IMGA0692.jpg

Got some 1/4" plate to cut the brackets.

A 8' piece of 1 1/2 x 1/4 for $9. Only needed 9" but they would have charged my $6 for the 9".
Then cut the gussetts.

IMGA0681.jpg

IMGA0682.jpg

IMGA0686.jpg

Found some 4"x4"x1/8" plates in the garage from my rooftop tire carrier project and cut them in 2"x2" for the end caps.

All that's left is to get the 14" of 2"x2"x1/4" for the Sliders and supports for the steprails.
IMGA0702.jpg

Can someone say "Mod day"

Last edited:

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Tuesday's are my "do something for the X-day". Next "X"-day I'll get the tubing for the sliders and cut the steprail supports. Once the rails are on, It's real modtime...the front end. I'm shooting to have everything on for the Badlands run in June.

TKDx00

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
It looks like you have some fun lined up for the near future.

:uhhh: The plan is to start early Tuesday morning and go as long as I can. I've got plenty of lights. Then restart the next morning.

I'm counting that ALL the bolts being cooprative and there will be no problem with the Dif Drop bolts lining up correctly...
the first time. :hihi:

So by my calculations I should be ready for a wheel alignment Thursday morning. :lols:

Whatchuthink??? :sure:

Did I forget to mention... I own the Golden Gate Bridge too!!! :questions:

Last edited: